The Wunderwaffe, a cutting-edge weapon that was supposed to turn the tide of war, comes to the Historical Collection. The Messerschmitt Me 262 is the first ever jet-powered fighter in combat! Manufactured by Germany, it entered service in 1944 as an interceptor. Bomb and reconnaissance versions were also created. It was called Sturmvogel by German pilots and was known among the Allies as the Turbo. The late introduction of the aircraft into service meant that it did not play a significant role during the war. Messerschmitt Me 262s achieved 900 kills with losses of 100 machines. This COBI plane is inspired by a model that is on display at the Deutsches Museum in Munich. It was piloted by Hans Guido Mutke, who in the last days of the war reached Switzerland, where he was interned. Years later, the machine returned to Germany as a museum exhibit.
Use 390 COBI construction bricks to build a perfectly recreated legendary German jet plane from the Second World War! This beautiful historical plane has been designed with attention to detail. The pads are covered with high-quality prints that do not wear off even during intensive use. The markings of the plane refers to the machine with a very rich past, which is now in the Munich museum. At the controls of this extraordinary machine you can put a figure inspired the pilot Hans Guido Mutke. According to unconfirmed reports, this pilot crossed the sound barrier for the first time in human history! The whole set is completed with a brick base and a plate with the model name. This beautiful plane with a display stand is a perfect gift idea for fans of aviation, history and technology. It will certainly satisfy even picky collectors and young people fascinated by blocks and history. Build history, piece by piece with COBI!
• 390 high-quality elements
• Produced in the EU by a company with over 20 years of tradition
• Meets the safety standards for products for children ages 9 and up
• Fully compatible with other brands of construction blocks
• Blocks with prints do not scratch or smear and do not fade during play or under the influence of temperature
• Clear and intuitive instruction based illustrations and step-by-step instructions
• 100% prints, no stickers
• One pilot figure
• A block stand for a plane
• A plate with the name of the set